- As ALEX² is the only IgE testing system which blocks CCD specific antibodies, results from other in-vitro test systems could display falsely elevated results
- Were the tests performed from the same blood drawing or from different time points?
- Please check for sample mix-up (one of the most common reasons for discrepant results!)
- SPT measures the reactivity of cutaneous mast cells, in-vitro systems measure free IgE
- Comparison of extracts and molecular allergen test results is not recommended. Allergen extracts can lack allergens or can be contamined with non-related allergens (e.g. mite allergens in dog epithelia).
- Differences can result from different isoforms of the molecular components. Molecular components can be produced naturally or recombinantly.
Yes, but at your own risk. The minimum sample volume for a manual assay is 100 µl. As a consequence false negative results could be possible.
No! The ALEX² kit (Article Number: 02-5001-01) is intended for the automated processing only.
- Background too high or too low
- Guide dots not aligned with grid
- Guide dot results too low
- Make sure washing steps are followed precisely
- Make sure substrate incubation time was not too long or too short
- Run test array again and re-analyse respective ALEX² array
- Temperature during assay procedure was too low or too high (Optimum temperature: 20-26°C)
The arrays can be stored in the dark and dry for 4 weeks. After that, the signals become weaker and the background becomes higher.
ALEX² has a shelf life of 2 years . We make every effort to only send kits that have a shelf life of at least 18 months. The reagents and the test are stable for 6 months after opening.
FOX has a shelf life of 2 years . We make every effort to only send kits that have a shelf life of at least 15 months. The reagents and the test are stable for 1 year after opening.
FAQs RAPTOR SERVER & RAVEN
The server is located in Amsterdam.
- Check your Image-Xplorer key in the RAPTOR SERVER account
- Check your internet connection
- Check USB connection to PC/Laptop and maybe try to use a different USB port
- Restart RAPTOR agent
- Restart PC/Laptop
- Use an USB Power HUB with power connection to provide extra power to ImageXplorer
In your Tenant Admin Area you can create customized MOD panels, by selecting "manage MOD" --> "create new panel". You will find detailed information in our RAPTOR SERVER instructions for use: Instructions for Use
Please take out the carriage before moving the ImageXplorer to another location to avoid carriage sliding into the chassis. After the movement, please perform a testarray run to be sure that the ImageXplorer settings are correctly adjusted.
The ImageXplorer is a sensitive imaging device and should be handled carefully. For accurate results, it is essential that the instrument be maintained dust-free state as much as possible. To this end, the external ImageXplorer housing must be regularly cleaned with a lint-free cloth. Do not use any detergents for cleaning. The carriage which holds the cartridges can be separately cleaned if necessary, using mild detergents or alcoholic solutions. Please do not open the chassis.
- If the error code shows disconnected, then check the quality of internet connection
- Check USB connection PC/Laptop and try to connect the ImageXplorer using different USB ports
- If the problem persists, contact email@example.com
FAQs MAX 45k
Yes, of course! As soon as the internet connection has been reestablished, the client software “Raptor Agent” will try to connect to the instrument and uploads the test results to RAPTOR SERVER automatically.
If you use the appropriate tubes for your samples, the minimum sample volume for a fully automated assay is only 200 µl. You can reduce the minimum sample volume even further if you manually predilute the samples before you put the tubes into the instrument.
No, you can freely choose the amount of samples you want to include in an assay run. However, please note that the maximum number of assay runs per kit (50 tests) is 5.
No, the MAX 45k is a true “walk away” analyzer: The necessary amount of reagents, washing solution and rinse water is calculated during the preparation phase of your assay run. After the test run has been started, no further interference or monitoring by the user is necessary.
Sure! The reagents and arrays can tolerate longer delivery times.