- As ALEX² is the only IgE testing system which blocks CCD specific antibodies, results from other in-vitro test systems could display falsely elevated results
- Were the tests performed from the same blood drawing or from different time points?
- Please check for sample mix-up (one of the most common reasons for discrepant results!)
- SPT measures the reactivity of cutaneous mast cells, in-vitro systems measure free IgE
- Comparison of extracts and molecular allergen test results is not recommended. Allergen extracts can lack allergens or can be contamined with non-related allergens (e.g. mite allergens in dog epithelia).
- Differences can result from different isoforms of the molecular components. Molecular components can be produced naturally or recombinantly.
Yes, but at your own risk. The minimum sample volume for a manual assay is 100 µl. As a consequence false negative results could be possible.
No! The ALEX² kit (Article Number: 02-5001-01) is intended for the automated processing only.
- Background too high or too low
- Guide dots not aligned with grid
- Guide dot results too low
- Make sure washing steps are followed precisely
- Make sure substrate incubation time was not too long or too short
- Run test array again and re-analyse respective ALEX² array
- Temperature during assay procedure was too low or too high (Optimum temperature: 20-26°C)
The arrays can be stored in the dark and dry for 4 weeks. After that, the signals become weaker and the background becomes higher.
ALEX² has a shelf life of 2 years . We make every effort to only send kits that have a shelf life of at least 18 months. The reagents and the test are stable for 6 months after opening.
FOX has a shelf life of 2 years . We make every effort to only send kits that have a shelf life of at least 15 months. The reagents and the test are stable for 1 year after opening.
FAQs RAPTOR SERVER & RAVEN
The server is located in Amsterdam.
- Check your Image-Xplorer key in the RAPTOR SERVER account
- Check your internet connection
- Check USB connection to PC/Laptop and maybe try to use a different USB port
- Restart RAPTOR agent
- Restart PC/Laptop
- Use an USB Power HUB with power connection to provide extra power to ImageXplorer
In your Tenant Admin Area you can create customized MOD panels, by selecting "manage MOD" --> "create new panel". You will find detailed information in our RAPTOR SERVER instructions for use: Instructions for Use
Please take out the carriage before moving the ImageXplorer to another location to avoid carriage sliding into the chassis. After the movement, please perform a testarray run to be sure that the ImageXplorer settings are correctly adjusted.
The ImageXplorer is a sensitive imaging device and should be handled carefully. For accurate results, it is essential that the instrument be maintained dust-free state as much as possible. To this end, the external ImageXplorer housing must be regularly cleaned with a lint-free cloth. Do not use any detergents for cleaning. The carriage which holds the cartridges can be separately cleaned if necessary, using mild detergents or alcoholic solutions. Please do not open the chassis.
- If the error code shows disconnected, then check the quality of internet connection
- Check USB connection PC/Laptop and try to connect the ImageXplorer using different USB ports
- If the problem persists, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs MAX 45k
No. Either ALEX2 or FOX arrays can be measured in one run. A combination of ALEX2 and FOX cartridges or reagents is prohibited.
If you lost connectivity at the end of your run, your results might not have been uploaded to RAPTOR SERVER. If you re-establish your connection, and initialize the MAX 45k again, you will see the message „Missing results detected“ in the status bar of your Automate. If you click on it, you will get to the run logs where you can synchronize the results of the particular run.
Once a run has been started, the connectivity of the Agent Software does not affect the control of the MAX 45k. Your run will finish independently from the connection availability. However, your results might not be uploaded to Raptor Server.
The MAX 45k is available to be used with low-volume tubes, where the minimum required sample volume is only 200 µl. You can reduce the minimum sample volume even further if you manually predilute the samples before you put the tubes into the instrument. Please consult the technical specifications in the Instructions for Use for the applicable tube types and required volumes. Before using any special tube, contact email@example.com
No, you can freely choose the amount of samples you want to include in an assay run. However, please note that the maximum number of assay runs per kit (50 tests) is 5.
No, the MAX 45k is a true “walk away” analyzer: The necessary amount of reagents, washing solution and rinse water is calculated during the preparation phase of your assay run. After the test run has been started, no further interference or monitoring by the user is necessary.
The MAX 45k requires a space of at least 160cm width, 120cm height, and 80cm depth.
For the operation of the MAX 45k, a steady LAN connection to a PC with internet access is necessary. Therefore, your laboratory needs a PC with two separate network adapters: one for a stable Internet connection (LAN or WIFI), and one which connects the PC with the MAX 45k instrument via a LAN cable. The PC needs to have admin rights, and the website https://Raptor-Server.com must be allowed to be accessed from your lab network. Please note that the MAX 45k is only to be installed by MADx or its distributor.
The MAX 45k is an In-Vitro Diagnosic device, and certified according to IVDD (98/79/EG).
A monthly maintenance routine is necessary to ensure proper long-time operation of the device. Monthly maintenance shall be performed by the lab user following the instructions on Raptor Server. Consult the Instruction for Use for more details about maintenance.
Yes, the MAX 45k is equipped with a sample barcode reader, which supports barcode types code128, code39, ean8, codabar, code25. Please consult the Instruction for Use for more information.
Please ensure, that your barcodes are printed in the right quality, and they face outwards of the rotor. Please consult the Instruction for Use for the applicable types and dimensions of sample barcodes.
Sure! The reagents and arrays can tolerate longer delivery times.